Lastly, when you are in the dealership, don’t be afraid to walk away if you feel uneasy. Really. Just say: I need another day or two to decide and leave. But before you enter the dealership, complete this checklist. Actually, most people compete this checklist while researching. So they know how much a new car will really cost them. Remember, there is no obligation to buy a car in any of these steps. So start now:
- [ ] Get Unpublished Pricing Online – see what you’ll pay when you make car dealers compete. Make sure to get your certificate for valid pricing. Check to see how much below MSRP you can save!
- [ ] Check Your Current Credit Score for FREE – see if you have any errors or issues you need to correct before financing.
- [ ] Check Loan Amounts: If your credit score is above 620 check here. If your credit score is below 620 check here. Find out your interest rate and what you are approved for.
- [ ] Check New Car Insurance Rates – your insurances cost may go up OR down with a different car. Find out.
- [ ] Skip the Car Warranty When Asked. Skip uneasy add-ons.